September 16, 2021
Toronto, Ontario – September 16, 2021 – Getchell Gold Corp. (CSE: GTCH) (OTCQB: GGLDF) (“Getchell” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an exploration update on the ongoing drill program at the Fondaway Canyon Gold project and the forthcoming drill program at the prospective high-grade Copper-Gold-Silver Star project.
Fondaway Canyon Gold Project
- Hole FCG21-11 has commenced and is a down-dip step-out of the outstanding Colorado SW and Juniper gold intercepts recently announced from hole FCG21-08;
- Two drill holes, FCG21-09 and FCG21-10, that targeted the North Fork Zone discovery, have been completed and sent to the lab for assay; and
- Two new drill pads have been constructed to allow further targeting and expansion of the Colorado SW and the North Fork gold zones.
Star Copper-Gold-Silver Project
- The maiden drill program is scheduled to commence by early October;
- The drill program will target geophysical anomalies associated with the Star Point and Star South highly mineralized surface occurrences; and
- Drill pad construction has now been completed.
Fondaway Canyon 2021 Drill Program Update
Four drill holes, FCG21-07 through FCG21-10, totaling 1,752.5 metres have been drilled this year at the Fondaway Canyon Gold Project. All four holes are in the Central Area and are following up on the discovery of the Colorado SW, the Juniper, and the North Fork gold zones during the 2020 drill program.
The first two holes drilled in 2021, FCG21-07 and FCG21-08, stationed at the Colorado Pit and drilled to the southwest, returned highly remarkable gold intercepts (see Table 1 below and Company news releases dated Aug. 10 and Aug. 25, 2021).
Hole FCG21-08 intersected the Colorado SW Zone for over 200 metres and the high-grade Juniper Zone returned 4.7 g/t Au over 25.9m, that included 11.4 g/t Au over 5.5m, within 100 metres of the surface. The highly successful drill hole FCG21-08 represents the seventh consecutive hole in the Central Area that has intersected substantive gold mineralization by the Company.