Toronto, Ontario – January 27, 2021 – Getchell Gold Corp. (CSE: GTCH) (OTCQB: GGLDF) (“Getchell” or the “Company”) a leading Nevada focused Gold and Copper exploration company is pleased to announce partial results from the recent six-hole 1,995 metre drill program at the Company’s flagship Fondaway Canyon Gold Project in Nevada (“Fondaway” or “Project”).
- Assay results have been returned for the first 3 holes from the 2020 drill program at Fondaway;
- Holes FCG20-02 and 03 were drilled in the Central Area to test the down-dip extension of the Colorado Zone mineralization;
- Multiple gold zones were intersected in hole FCG20-02 including a new high-grade gold zone above the targeted depth for the Colorado Zone mineralization, and closer to surface;
- 6.2 g/t Au over 21.9m including 9.6 g/t Au over 12.0m, and including 20.4 g/t Au over 3.2m was intersected by FCG20-02 in this newly identified mineralized structural zone;
- In addition, both holes FCG20-02 and 03 intersected broad intervals of mineralization, with higher than anticipated gold grades, down-dip from the Colorado Zone;
- 1.9 g/t Au over 43.5m including 4.2 g/t Au over 14.9m was intersected in FCG20-02;
- 4.3 g/t Au over 21.1m including 8.7 g/t Au over 9.4m, and a lower interval grading 2.0 g/t Au over 49.0m was intersected in FCG20-03, an approximate 120 metre step-out from FCG20-02;
- Hole FCG20-01 drilled 2.3km to the west at the Pediment Target Area was lost within a fault zone prior to reaching the target depth. The last series of samples at the bottom of the hole showed an increase in gold values potentially indicative of the approaching targeted gold zone; and
- Assays are still pending for holes FCG20-04, 05, and 06 drilled in the Central Area.
“We are thrilled that our initial drill holes testing the gold mineralization down-dip from the Colorado Pit both intersected wide mineralized structures and extended the known gold mineralization towards the southwest” said Mike Sieb, President, Getchell Gold Corp. “We also encountered a very prominent and high-grade interval not accounted for in our geologic model, that highlights the extensive mineralizing system at Fondaway, and we look forward to shortly receiving the outstanding 2020 drill program assay results.”
Assay results have been received for the first three diamond drill holes (FCG20-01, 02, and 03) of the six-hole drill program completed at Fondaway Canyon in late 2020.