October 20, 2021
Toronto, Ontario – October 20, 2021 – Getchell Gold Corp. (CSE: GTCH) (OTCQB: GGLDF) (“Getchell” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide the results for drill hole FCG21-09, part of the ongoing 2021 drill program at the Fondaway Canyon Gold project in Nevada.
- Hole FCG21-09 intersected a previously unmodelled gold zone above the North Fork zone grading 1.2 g/t Au over 32.6m;
- Hole FCG21-09 tracked along the upper limits of the North Fork gold zone with several distinct intervals of mineralization;
- The North Fork zone remains open in most directions and warrants significant follow-up;
- Assays are pending for hole FCG21-10, that targeted the North Fork Zone up-dip from FCG21-09;
- Assays are pending for Hole FCG21-11, that targeted the Colorado SW and Juniper gold zones with a down-dip step out of FCG21-08’s impressive gold intercepts; and
- Hole FCG21-12 targeting the Colorado SW gold zone with a down-dip step out of FCG21-05’s substantive intercept grading 1.8 g/t Au over 90m is complete and awaiting shipment to the lab.
“The Fondaway Canyon Gold Project is a brilliant example of drilling success, as evidenced by the 2020 and ongoing 2021 drill programs that have reported substantive and additive gold mineralization which remains open in nearly all directions. The near-term objective is to continue to expand and define the gold mineralization at Fondaway and maximize the inherent value upon which we will be starting from next year.” states Mike Sieb, President, Getchell Gold Corp., adding, “Getchell has already commenced planning for a more aggressive and active field exploration program across the Company’s Nevada projects in 2022.”
Fondaway Canyon 2021 Drill Program Update
Six drill holes, FCG21-07 through FCG21-12, totalling 2,600 metres have been drilled this year at the Fondaway Canyon Gold Project. All six holes are located in the Central Area and are following up on the discovery of the Colorado SW, the Juniper, and the North Fork gold zones during the 2020 drill program.
The first two holes drilled in 2021, FCG21-07 and FCG21-08, stationed at the Colorado Pit and drilled to the southwest targeting the Juniper and Colorado SW zones, returned highly remarkable gold intercepts (Company news release dated Sept. 16, 2021).
Drill holes FCG21-09 and 10 targeted the North Fork Gold Zone, respectively above and below the discovery hole drilled in 2020, FCG20-04, that graded 2.5 g/t Au over 58.0 metres within a broader zone of mineralization.