April 7, 2021
Toronto, Ontario–(Newsfile Corp. – April 7, 2021) – Getchell Gold Corp. (CSE: GTCH) (OTCQB: GGLDF) (“Getchell” or the “Company”) a leading Nevada focused Gold and Copper exploration company is pleased to present the results from the geological modeling of the highly successful 2020 drill program at the Company’s flagship Fondaway Canyon Gold Project in Nevada (“Fondaway” or “Project”).
- The new geological model has significantly expanded the previously modelled extents of the gold mineralization;
- Thick zones of gold mineralization are projected 800m down dip from surface;
- The gold zones remain open laterally and down-dip;
- The Phase One 2021 drill program, commencing in May, will be designed to further delineate and quantify the near surface gold inventory; and,
- New video showing the 3D mineralization model is available for viewing on the Company’s website.
“Not only has the 2020 drill program provided a dramatic expansion to the known gold zones at Fondaway Canyon, but the close fit of the results to our geological model greatly adds to the confidence and potential of the gold mineralizing system at Fondaway Canyon,” stated Mike Sieb, President, Getchell Gold Corp.
Fondaway Canyon Gold Project
Fondaway is an advanced stage gold property with a large historic resource located in Churchill County, Nevada comprising 171 unpatented lode claims totaling 1,186 hectares (2,932 acres). Gold was first discovered in Fondaway Canyon in 1977 and over the intervening 40+ years has been the subject of multiple exploration campaigns along a 3.5km E-W gold mineralized corridor (Figure 1) totaling 735 reverse circulation and core drill holes, small-scale open pit mining of the oxidized zone at surface, and underground development limited to exploration and bulk sampling.
The historic resource estimate*, comprised of Indicated resources of 409,000 oz. Au contained in 2,050,000 tonnes grading 6.18 g/t and Inferred resources of 660,000 oz. Au contained in 3,200,000 tonnes grading 6.4 g/t, is predominately localized on the Paperweight, Half Moon, and Colorado gold zones within the Central Area of the Project.
Figure 2 shows a 3D model of the historic drilling by past operators, the individual gold intercepts on the drill traces and the modelled gold domain based on drill intervals grading >1g/t Au**. The 2016 gold mineralization model shows:
- Gold mineralization is evident at surface on the Paperweight and Half Moon shear veins, and at the historic Colorado Pit; and,
- The vertical projection of the mineralization below surface is limited to the areas of denser drilling.
** The modelled gold domain highlights areas where gold intervals have been geologically linked and projected. The modelled gold domain is solely for exploration planning purposes and does not indicate a mineral resource. A qualified person has not done sufficient work to classify a current mineral resource estimate at Fondaway Canyon.