February 10, 2021
Toronto, Ontario – February 10, 2021 – Getchell Gold Corp. (CSE: GTCH) (OTCQB: GGLDF) (“Getchell” or the “Company”) a leading Nevada focused Gold and Copper exploration company is pleased to announce the remaining results from the recent six-hole 1,995 metre drill program at the Company’s flagship Fondaway Canyon Gold Project in Nevada (“Fondaway” or “Project”).
- Assay results have been returned for the last 3 holes (FCG20-04, 05, and 06) completed during the 2020 drill program at Fondaway Canyon;
- These final three holes all intersected broad zones of gold mineralization and have significantly extended the previously defined gold domains;
- 8.6 g/t Au over 9.8 metres high-grade gold intercept was encountered by FCG20-04 as it pierced the main Half Moon Shear Vein 54 metres below surface;
- 2.5 g/t Au over 58.0m including 10.3 g/t Au over 5.2m, was intersected by FCG20-04 within the newly identified North Fork Gold Zone that extended known gold mineralization 200 metres;
- Holes FCG20-05 and FCG20-06 successfully extended the mineralized Colorado structural zone, initially intersected by holes FCG20-02 and FCG20-03, 150 metres down dip towards the southwest;
- 1.8 g/t Au over 90.0m including 4.4 g/t Au over 11.1m was returned from the Colorado SW Extension in FCG20-05;
- 1.5 g/t Au over 37.7m and 1.1 g/t Au over 38.3m were returned from the Colorado SW Extension in FCG20-06; and
- Highlighted gold zones remain open laterally and down-dip.
“We are extremely encouraged with our results from Getchell’s inaugural drill program at Fondaway Canyon within the Central Target Area. It’s not very often that every hole of an exploration drill program returns gold intersections as good as or better than anticipated.” stated Mike Sieb, President, Getchell Gold Corp. “Our 2020 drill program substantially expanded the known mineralization and demonstrated our broadest gold zones remain open with excellent potential for further extension.”
Assay results have now been received for all six diamond drill holes (FCG20-01 to FCG20-06) from the drill program completed at Fondaway Canyon in late 2020 with the notable gold mineralized intervals highlighted in Table 1*.
President Mike Sieb is hosting an online presentation of these drill results on Friday, February 12, 2021, at 2pm EST. The session will feature a live Question and Answer period. All investors and media are welcome to register here: https://bit.ly/3cUJ7np.
New North Fork Zone and Half Moon Shear Vein Drill Results
Drill hole FCG20-04 was collared north of where the Half Moon Vein is exposed on surface and drilled to the southwest. FCG20-04 was designed to (i) pierce the Half Moon vein to characterize the mineralization; and (ii) extend the gold mineralization intersected in hole FC17-04, drilled in 2017 by a previous operator, down-dip to the southwest (Figure 1).
Hole FCG20-04 encountered the high-grade Half Moon Shear Vein 108.1m down hole and 54m vertically below surface (Figure 2 and 3). In addition, two notable gold intercepts were encountered further down the hole that are interpreted to be splays of the main Half Moon Gold Shear Vein. The three Half Moon Shear Vein related gold intercepts are highlighted below.
- 8.6 g/t Au over 9.8 metres (main Half Moon Shear Vein);
- 2.7 g/t Au over 20.5 metres; and
- 6.3 g/t Au over 3.3 metres.
In addition, hole FCG20-04 encountered a broad 144 metre intercept of gold mineralization, newly identified as the North Fork Gold Zone, extending to the bottom of the hole with the final sample of hole FCG20-04 returning 7.9 g/t Au over 1.0 m indicating the lower extent of the North Fork Gold Zone was not reached. Within the North Fork broad zone of mineralization, the following notable gold intercepts are highlighted:
- 2.5 g/t Au over 58.0 m including 3.5 g/t Au over 36.1 m;
- 2.8 g/t Au over 13.4 m; and
- the last sample grades 7.9 g/t Au over 1.0 m.