September 14, 2021
MONTREAL–(September 14, 2021) Lomiko Metals Inc. (Lomiko) ((TSX-V: LMR, OTC: LMRMF, FSE: DH8C)) (“Lomiko Metals Inc or “Lomiko” or the “Corporation”) and Critical Elements Lithium Corporation (the “Company” or “Critical Elements”) (TSX-V: CRE) (US OTCQX: CRECF) (FSE: F12) mandated GoldSpot Discoveries Corp. (TSX-V: SPOT) (OTCQX: SPOFF) (“GoldSpot“) to conduct a remote targeting process for lithium, on the Bourier claims within the Nemiscau belt (Figure 1). GoldSpot uses cutting edge technology and geoscientific expertise to mitigate exploration risks and make mineral discoveries. To review the option agreement please see news April 27, 2021
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, Chief Executive Officer of the Critical Elements, noted, “We are confident that continued exploration, benefitting from the deployment of GoldSpot’s AI analysis and our joint geoscientific expertise, will continue to reveal the considerable potential of the Bourier property.”
A. Paul Gill, Lomiko Metals CEO stated: “The results indicate Bourier requires extensive attention. Combined with Lomiko’s La Loutre Project which has already reported a PEA on July 29, 2021, Lomiko has had the best summer of its history.”
- GoldSpot Discoveries Corp.’s proprietary approach of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and geological interpretation highlight lithium potential at Bourier claims within the Nemiscau greenstone belt;
- A total of 15 high to moderate prospectivity lithium targets were identified.
- Preliminary Summer 2021 field exploration results have revealed the discovery of five new sectors of spodumene-rich (Li) pegmatites, highlighting the potential of the Bourier project.
- Critical Elements and Lomiko Metals (Joint Venture) boast a unique and favorable land position for lithium exploration within the Nemiscau Belt.
The study hinged on digital extraction from an exhaustive collection of compiled data, including assessment files, government data and academic studies. This dataset provided outcrop/sample description, bedrock geology, geochemical analyses, and geophysical surveys. Original data was cleaned and combined to create a comprehensive data set for geological interpretation and machine learning processes.
The compilation of discrete outcrop observations allowed a reliable update to existing geologic maps, resulting in a refined lithium exploration-oriented pegmatite map. A total of 99 pegmatite bodies were added to the current geological map, highlighting previously unknown potential for economic lithium mineralization.
An up-to-date structural interpretation was created based on a high-resolution aeromagnetic survey commissioned by Critical Elements. This survey revealed structurally complex patterns, including large-scale folds and major ENE-trending ductile fault zones.
Lithium Target Generation
GoldSpot generated lithium targets using a knowledge-based approach with Artificial Intelligence (AI) data-driven methods.
The AI data analysis trains machine learning algorithms to predict the presence of lithium using all variables (features), both numeric and interpreted on a 10 x 10 m grid cell datacube. Once the model performs to a satisfactory level, results produced include:
1) a series of zones with relatively high probability of containing lithium;
2) a ranking of feature importance for each input feature.
The best prediction model for lithium at Bourier was obtained using the Extended Euclidean Algorithm for which performance metric was at 75% precision. The updated lithology and structural interpretation were the dominant contributors to the targeting model.