Imagin Medical – The Next Generation Ultrasensitive Imaging Solutions for Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer
Imagin Medical Inc. is a medical imaging company positioned to radically improve the way physicians detect cancer through the use of endoscopes. The Company is developing the i/Blue Imaging System which they believe will help reduce the recurrence of bladder cancer. This technology will increase urologists’ ability to remove all cancerous cells through an endoscope (cystoscope) by dramatically improving the ability to visualize suspicious masses. Imagin’s system’s unique combination of optical/laser technologies projects white light and near-infrared fluorescence through the scope to increase the imaging sensitivity, greatly reduce the dosage of chemical agents and blend the images so that only one monitor is required during surgery. The i/Blue Imaging System can be seamlessly adapted to most endoscope on the market today.
The company’s products are based on the invention of Dr. Stavros Demos from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). Dr. Stavros worked in collaboration with the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center and Dr. Ralph deVere White, one of the world’s leading authorities on bladder cancer, for more than five years to prove feasibility. IME has entered into a partnership with the LLNL and UC Davis to complete additional clinical evaluations that will support their FDA submission.
Imagin Medical is the developer of the ultrasensitive i/Blue Imaging System that will establish a new standard of care for urologists in detecting cancers and visualizing the surgical field during minimally invasive surgeries. The Company’s initial focus is bladder cancer..
Vancouver, B.C. and Boston, MA, February 9, 2017 – Imagin Medical (CSE: IME) (OTC PINK: IMEXF) (Frankfurt/Stuttgart Stock Exchanges: DPD2) (the “Company”) announced today that the i/Blue Imaging System technology was presented at Photonics West 2017, by Dr. Stavros Demos, the inventor of the i/Blue system, and Dr. Ronald Wood, both from the University of Rochester, who support Imagin’s development team.
The largest laser and photonics event in North America, Photonics West 2017 features the latest research in Biomedical Optics, Biophotonics and the latest devices and systems driving technology markets, including state-of-the art medical technologies. The presentation entitled Simultaneous white-light and protoporphyrin-IX fluorescence imaging for optimized endoscopic detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer summarized progress to-date on the technology of the company’s i/Blue Imaging System. The authors discussed that:
- Recent studies have shown that endoscopic (cystoscopic) detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer is enhanced by using blue-light with HLA, a tumor-fluorescing drug infused into the bladder (hexyl-aminolevulinate, available in the U.S. as Cysview™ and in Europe as Hexvix™).
- Current instrumentation requires the surgeon to manually alternate between two imaging modes; the blue light highlights the cancer and the white-light displays the overall bladder.
- The i/Blue Imagining System prototype is designed to automatically blend and display both the white-light and blue light fluorescence
- Using only white light illumination, the i/Blue system was assessed to perform at approximately 100x higher sensitivity in its ability to detect the fluorescing markers, compared to the existing “blue-light” technology.
- Increased sensitivity makes it possible to reduce the dwell/prep time from 60 minutes to 10 minutes, increasing efficiency by at least 6x.
- Benefits of this imaging technique can be extended to the physician’s office, making the procedure more practical for today’s health care market.
- Superior sensitivity of the i/Blue Imagining System can be applied to many other surgical procedures.
“We’re very pleased that the Company’s technology was presented at this high-profile conference. We believe It demonstrated that the i/Blue Imaging System will be state-of-the-art medical technology,” said Jim Hutchens, Imagin President and CEO.
The i/Blue system development is based at the University of Rochester where the Alpha B Prototype was completed in late 2016. Human studies are anticipated to be completed in the 2Q of this year.
Medical Imagin Medical is developing imaging solutions for the early detection of cancer through the use of endoscopes. The Company believes it will radically improve the way physicians detect cancer. Imagin’s initial target market is bladder cancer, a major cancer worldwide, the sixth most prevalent in the U.S., and the most costly cancer to treat due to a greater than 50% recurrence rate. Developed at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, this advanced, ultrasensitive imaging technology is based upon improved optical designs and advanced light sensors. Learn more at www.imaginmedical.com.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD:
Jim Hutchens, President & CEO
For further information, contact:
Bill Galine, Investor Relations
Telephone: (775) 737-3292